Peak District Pods - Camping Holidays in Derbyshire
Add some adventure to your camping holiday in the snug simplicity of a Camping Pod surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the Peak District National Park.
What, you may ask, is a Camping Pod? Essentially, it's England's answer to a small Norwegian mountain cabin or Scottish bothy. Roughly the shape of an inverted boat hull, constructed largely from timber, using sheep's wool for insulation and offering standing headroom throughout much of the interior, Camping Pods are currently available in two sizes at Peak District Pods.
The original Camping Pod is suitable for 2 adults and 2 young children, the larger Family Camping Pod being capable of accommodating up to 5 adults (but see the dimensions on the Details page). In view of our spectacular, elevated position in the Peak District, all our Camping Pods are fitted with additional insulation and heating, so our guests remain snug even in the coldest winters.
All of our Camping Pods also come with a conventional 13 amp power outlet and electric light and are fitted with a small deck area part sheltered by the roof overhang – ideal as a cooking area or as a sitting out area in which to relax and enjoy a glass of wine.
- No struggling to erect your accommodation in wind or rain – arrive, move in to your Camping Pod!
- Save the family car from a wet, muddy tent and the hassle of trying to dry it before storage.
- No more leaking or flapping fabric, muddy groundsheets or bent tent poles.
- Arrive by cycle down the Tissington or High Peak Trail from the local rail stations at Buxton or Cromford or by bus using the stop at the bottom of our field – no need to lug a heavy tent.
- Environmentally friendly construction.
- More privacy and security.
- All the benefits of an insulated structure in winter and summer.
- Option of having heat, light and other electrical devices.
- Affordable accommodation in a stunning location.
Wooden Camping Pod Derbyshire | Camping Pods Derbyshire | Camping Pod Holiday Derbyshire | Camping Pod Derbyshire